Igino Corona received the M.Sc. Degree in Electronic Engineering from the University of Cagliari, in 2006. In his MSc thesis (in Italian), he discussed the design and the implementation (in Python and C++ programming languages) of an anomaly-based, unsupervised Intrusion Detection System for the analysis of the HTTP traffic. The Clusit Association awarded this work as one of the best Italian research thesis on computer system security.
- Detection of and Protection against Web Attacks (both client-side and server-side)
- Detection of Botnets, and in particular, Fast Flux Networks
- Ideation, development, and testing of advanced Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) based on Machine Learning
- Evaluation of Machine-learning systems against poisoning and evasion attacks
- Android Security
- HMM-Web: a framework to the detection of web attacks
- SuStorID: anomaly-based Web Intrusion Protection system
- Modsecurity for SuStorID: extended version of modsecurity which is able to interact with SuStorID
- AdversariaLib: a general-purpose library for the automatic evaluation of machine learning-based classifiers under adversarial attacks
- ILLBuster Europroject (Febbraio 2014 - Febbraio 2016) - Budget (€): 364,000
- CyberROAD Europroject (Gennaio 2014 - Dicembre 2015) - Budget (€): 1,289,764
- sTATA - secure Technologies Against Targeted-Attacks (Novembre 2013 - Maggio 2015) - Budget (€): 219,100
More details in the Projects section of this site.